The Financial and Consumer Services Commission (FCNB) is aware that the following entities, claiming to provide online cryptocurrency trading services, accept New Brunswick residents as clients:
- Standpoint Finance Limited: claims to be operating from Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- BlackBull Markets: claims to be operating from Auckland, NZ
- SafeCrypto World: claims to be operating from London, UK
- Crystalead: origin unknown
- CryptoNite Exchange: claims to be operating from Manchester, UK
These entities are not registered to provide such services in New Brunswick.
Individuals and firms in the business of advising or trading in securities or derivatives in New Brunswick must be registered with FCNB. New Brunswickers are urged to exercise caution when dealing with cryptocurrency trading platforms that are not registered in New Brunswick.
Learn about how registration protects investors and use the National Registration Search tool to check if an individual or firm is registered with FCNB. For more information on how to become better informed about investment products and services, contact FCNB toll-free at 1 866 933-2222 or visit its website.