Travel Insurance Agent
The Office of the Superintendent of Insurance issues licences to individuals who have met the requirements of the Insurance Act and the Rule INS-001 Insurance Intermediaries Licensing and Obligations, authorizing those individuals to carry on the business of a Travel Insurance Agent.
Travel insurance may refer to coverage of any of the following:
- loss of, or damage to, personal property that occurs while on a trip;
- loss that is caused by the delayed arrival of personal baggage while on a trip;
- loss that is incurred from the rental of a motor vehicle while on a trip
- expenses incurred while on a trip that result from an illness, disability, bodily injury to, or the death of, the person caused by an accident while on a trip;
- expenses incurred by the person for dental care necessitated by an accident while on a trip;
All applicants must meet the requirements listed on the Applying for Your Insurance Licence page.
Licensing qualifications and educational requirements
An applicant for a Travel Insurance Agent Licence must successfully complete an education program for a Travel Insurance Agent approved by the Superintendent.
An applicant for a travel insurance agent licence who holds a Life Insurance Agent Licence, or an Accident and Sickness Insurance Agent Licence is not required to complete an approved education program.